Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Not in Georgia

I'm out of town, in Charleston, SC. Of course I leave when "Tornado Outbreak, 2011" hits. Too bad I'm here, and the Missus and Kid are still back "home". The Missus hates thunderstorms, so she's not a happy camper. But, keeping things in perspective, this has been a terrible storm, killing many in Alabama and Georgia.

I was going to post my NFL draft picks, but have been too busy the past few days and am pooped from working and driving 300 miles today. But here are my thoughts:

  • Cam Newton is overrated. No doubt he has talent, but he has proven that talent for a single, albeit great, year. Character issues, no doubt. He just feels slimy to me. He knew about the "pay-for-play" scheme his dad took the fall for, because if he didn't, its just another strike against him, this time for being stupid or oblivious. He needs to go to a team with an established QB, but will likely go 1st overall to Carolina. Haha, Jimmy Clausen. 
  • Ryan Mallett will be a better NFL QB. Character issues? Less than Newton. 
  • The Patriots will make a trade, shocking statement, I know. They could use a good DE. I like J.J. Watt from Wisconsin. They should also get QB Greg McElroy from Alabama. He could be Tom Brady, part two. 
  • Mark Ingram will be the first RB off the board, late in the first. I could see the Pats trading back to pick him up...he'll be an excellent pro. 
  • I can see as many as 7 QBs going in the first two rounds (Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, Dalton, Kaepernick, and Ponder. Each of these guys is better than Jimmy Clausen, a second-rounder in 2010, but I still don't think this will be known as a great QB class. Ponder, Dalton, Gabbert, and Mallett have the best chances to excel. 
Oh, and President Obama was born in Hawaii. Another shocking development.

No comments:

Post a Comment